Tuesday, January 18, 2011

First Adventures staying at an Old Farmhouse

October 10th 2010

Back to the middle ages.

I took an overnight bus ride last night.

The past week has been a whirlwind. After attending the spiritual conference my entire world changed but soon after crumbled apart. Everything I thought was real, wasn't, everything I wasn't sure about, I suddenly was. I was in and out of delusional/schitzophrenia/paranoia states.

It could very well have been because I stopped taking my malaria medication. But it was intense and crazy none the less.

I am finally back out on the field after an interesting detour through the Indian world of spirituality. Overnight I traveled back in time. Not literally. Okay kind of literally.

The bus trip, I tried to sleep as much as I could, but I kept waking up to these winding roads and intense noisy jungles!! They were the thickest jungles I have seen yet! I heard many sounds, and calls... no idea what any of them were, I was just focusing my attention on the bus driver making it safe to jungle land, or wherever we were going.

I woke up to Rico tapping me on the shoulder, telling me we had 5 minutes to get our stuff together. From the bus we took a little auto to the farm that we would be staying at.

This farm is huge. And old. It must be much more than a few hundred years old. It reminds me of the middle age homes that I would visit at the museums in Denmark!!! The owner showed me to my room. The house was big and empty. There were a couple of big beds in the entry way. Me and Rico were lead up very steep shallow steps to the 2nd floor. Rico's room is kind of a balcony/storage area, and my room is a very interesting room. It reminds me of a root cellar. With no furniture. There was a bag of old dusty newspaper which warmly welcomed me. Kind of.

I looked around trying to find a place to tie up my mosquito net, at least I would have a bit of security, since the windows were open dusty, cobby, and barred. Pleasant.

As I was looking around, I wasn't too shocked to find a tarantula. Okay I am exaggerating, it wasn't really a tarantula, but it was pretty much a tarantula!! By far the biggest spider I have everrrr seeen. Wonderful.

Currently I am typing in the attic of the home. The lighting actually isn't too shabby as there are little square windows that spot the roof. I am typing in the attic because not only is my room super amazing, but one of the windows is right above the wood burning stove in the kitchen. Currently I am a bit smoked out.

I have no service here. I haven't found any outlets yet.

And the toilet is an outhouse! Hahaha I can't believe I was actually complaining before about Vakarabad.

So I get into the bathroom. It is a hundred years old!!! There is a big sink, with water, no drain. Everything looks like cemented everything.. dirty cemented everything again like a cellar. Its dark. I look around for the toilet. There is a cemented square structure in the center of the bathroom, but it's empty. And then there is a cemented kinda square object in the corner, with what looks like.. hay inside?? is that the toilet???? its way to dark to investigate whether or not this is used for the toilet.. but if it isn't I would feel awfully retarded for leaving some presents in there!

I decide to open one of the windows so I could see for sure what is going on. I try to pull one of the wooden shutters on this dusty window open. And guess what I do. Yup you guessed it. I broke it!!! OH dear!

So much for relieving myself. I couldn't get myself to go inside of the pile of hay, and that was when I noticed a pair of small doors, I try my luck with them, and they open, success!! A little indian toilet!!! The squater kind! Boy was I happy to see something porcelain!

Again the little toilet room had little square windows in the ceiling for light.

Apart from getting used to the accommodations, the land is beautiful! They have a huge wishing well.. like what you see in the movies!! where the water is clear and open with viney pretty flowers surrounding it.

looking forward to checking out the rest of the property! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment