Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Make a difference

After my time in Sadhana Forest, I really became inspired.

I started studying to go back to school, I feel like I am on track

Sadhana Forest is so engaged with the community and they are so in line with what they believe in regards to everything they do- from the food they eat to the way they do laundry (a bucket of water and a rock).

You know that every penny spent is spent wisely, because what they care about are people and forests- the ecosystem at large.

I heard about this Kenya project, which they have gotten the land, they just haven't gotten the funds to actually start working there yet.  I researched a bit online, and I started applications for crowdfunding sites.

The project ended up getting accepted onto 3 sites, but we ( Aviram - Founder of Sadhana, and his team) decided that we'd stick to one and see how it goes.

The project was launched today, and I couldn't be more excited.  If you feel the holiday spirit and wish to make a contribution, I just want to express my deepest gratitude in advance!  Thank you!!  Regardless, if you do feel inspired feel free to share it with your friends and family :)

All the best on this very auspicious day!  12/12/12

http://www.indiegogo.com/sadhanaforestkenya/x/1843545

- also if you are curious to learn more, check out my other two blog posts - food forest in the making and 100 reasons to support the Kenya Project

UPDATE:::: donate from here (April 2014) http://sadhanaforest.org/donate/

1 comment:

  1. Here's and update, the previous post was about the first fundraising project and now we are on our second: http://www.wethetrees.com/campaigns/lets-create-a-food-forest-in-north-kenya

    We raised 10,000USD from our first attempt which we are very thankful for and this will be able to start the groudnwork in Kenya (the locals are all extremely excited and can't wait for the work to start!) This time we have set our goal to 5,000 USD and if we don't make our goal, all money will be returned to the funders.
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete