Friday, December 28, 2012

Pay it forward

So as I have been helping to fundraise for Sadhana Forest on Indiegogo.com, I've been learning a little more about fundraising, imagine that!  :)

One tip given was to help support others who are also fundraising.  I found some pretty cool projects

http://www.indiegogo.com/Re-Nuble/x/1843545
this one only has 4 hours to go!  They work with anaerobic digesters to create green energy and organic compost

http://www.indiegogo.com/savethechoco/x/1843545
One of the world's most biodiverse jungles is facing complete deforestation.  This project is raising awareness to help save this region.  10 days left

http://www.indiegogo.com/CetusSociety/x/1843545
This is an organization which educates abouts and protects whales. 3 days left

http://www.indiegogo.com/beerescue/x/1843545
Saving bees that would otherwise face extermination by bringing them to a bee sanctuary
3 days left

http://www.indiegogo.com/DJACC/x/1843545
They are offsetting carbon miles! They reached their goal but are still taking funds for the next 4 hours. 

https://amazonwatch.org/donate
supporting the rainforest!

They've all been doing well, which is exciting because they are great projects too!


So anyway for the Sadhana Forest fundraising site, there is a $250 pay it forward christmas gift option.

Which I am in charge of.  On the website it states that it is a home-made surprise.

Well, the first person chose this option today!  Very exciting and such a generous donation!  I left deciding what to make till someone chose the option, which was well today!

I've been trying to decide what I might be able to send out.  I was hoping I might be able to get a few opinions. 

I've made a list of potential things I could send out, I figured the gift could be different depending on maybe a few details about the person I will be sending it to....
anyway here are a few ideas, feel free to leave a comment with your favorite ideas/idea

Nithya suggested I make a list of a 108 things, lol we will see if I get that many ideas.
Although you know those are my favorites.

1.  handmade jewelry
2. home-made vegan chocolate truffles
3. special hot cocoa powder mix
4. home-made vegan goldfish crackers
5. pressed flowers lamenated into something special - book cover, placemats, picture frame
6. handmade soap
7. handmade oil mixture - for example hair oil or body massage oil
8. So I don't really know how to knit, but my mom does.. and maybe she could teach me .. maybe I could make something simple like hot pads.  If they are simple?
9.Hand painted wooden welcome sign
10.A deck of cards with Sadhana Forest pictures on the back of them
11.  vegan cookies
12. some kind of holiday wreath made from items found in my backyard
13.  christmas bread
14. again, can't sew but maybe I could learn how to knit a scarf?
15. I could create a book about Sadhana Forest, including some of my stories from being there and pictures taken, I could include a project discription of Sadhana Forest Kenya - This is one of my favorites, I'll probably do this in addition to whatever else I send out.
16.  pouch of gratitude stones - it might be possible for me to get Sadhana Forest Kenya etched on one side of the stone and the word gratitude on the other side.  These stones can then be given out to more people :)
17. Paint a picture of Sadhana Forest - believe it or not but I can actually paint decently!
18.  Make a nice card
19. Chocolate covered raisins
20. Chocolate covered almonds
21. Potpourri
22. I've made candles before, maybe I could figure it out again! 
23.  Give a pen drive with Sadhana Forest commonly shown movies - but not sure how that would work with copyright etc. hmm or could put pictures and articles on the pen drive about Sadhana Forest
24. Homemade candy.  I know sometimes I write homemade and sometimes I dont.. well it will all be homemade.. lol I like to emphasize it.
25. Handmade paper or envelopes with the persons name on them
26.  canvas bag - never tried to make this before.. but could be a good gift ? I could also fill with a few things ?
27.  incense holder
28. clay pots - never made this either.. maybe I could take a class! lol
29.  Christmas ornaments
30. vegan cheese - however - not sure if it would survive a trip across the country with fedex? hmm could go either way
31. baby plant.. painted pot
32. painted stones from my property
33. chimes made from recycled materials.
34. painted vase
35.  Calendar with Sadhana Forest Pictures and quotes
36. Decorated box filled with surprises
37.  Magnets with Sadhana forest pictures
38. Ring engraved with some earth quote...
39.  Roasted nuts
40. christmas basket with many homemade goodies.
41. puzzle of a picture from sadhana forest kenya
42. painted lampshade


Hmm thats all for now, maybe I can come up with more tomorrow. :)


http://www.indiegogo.com/sadhanaforestkenya/x/1843545?c=home

and if you feel inspired to help out sadhana forest kenya with a pay it forward christmas gift
since you came to my blog, you get to choose what kind of gift you would like! 
All the best,
Happy Holidays
Esther

UPDATE:::: deadlines long past to donate today::: http://sadhanaforest.org/donate/

No comments:

Post a Comment