Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hampi Cottages

September 25th

We ended up eating breakfast here at the Shante Guesthouse. Their dining area is a big open hut. It has a beautiful view of rice pattie fields, the river, rocky hills, and of course some palm trees! I met some nice folk from Bangalore today, the river had risen and they were supposed to leave today but couldn't get back to the mainland, because the only way across the river is by boat, and if the river is too high, the boat doesn't run. I am not sure why, it seems the reason is even better for having a boat in the first place.

Rico and I worked on the maps in the hut, I started drawing his design for the windmill for BhodiSthaan.

We are definitely are the only people who came to Hampi to do work. Most of the tourists are from Israel or Germany. The great thing about being in a touristy location is the variety in food choices, I've been ordering different international quisines at every meal!

Although their menu's still tend to be really vague.

Tonight I ordered something on the menu named, “ veg mushroom”

I just wanted to see what it was.

I tried to ask the waiter what it was before I ordered it, but not sure if he fully understood my question,

I ordered it anyway.

It turned out to be a vegetarian burrito with every vegetable in the world inside! It came with cabbage, cucumbers, tomatoes and rice.

Not too bad for Indian Mexican.

The restaurant/guesthouse/hut we went to tonight was called, “laughing Buddha”

The places to eat around here, for the most part have short tables and mattresses surrounding them, so people sit on the floor and eat. Tonight when we were eating, they started the movie, Momento.

It's so relaxed here, nothing is ever rushed, food usually takes an hour or so to be prepared and waiters don't really wait on the customers. If something is wanted the customers have to wait a while for them to come around eventually or go up to them, because the music or tv is usually too loud to call them across the room.

There were also a couple of cats, frogs and geckos hanging out in the restaurant hut with us. Completely chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment