Thursday, October 25, 2012

My first real drive in India

Since I've recently pretty much moved to India, at least for the time being, there's been a lot of things to kinda adjust to.

I live with my husband's family, which is good, because I don't really know the language, it's a little difficult for me to get around without the help of others, and well it's just totally different from the states here!

 I watched a really nice movie the other day, Finding Joe.  It talked about doing something at least once a week which is outside of your comfort zone.  I thought it was a nice idea.  Why not everyday?

So today I drove for a good amount of time through and around the middle of Pune.  I think if you would have told me a year ago to jump in the drivers seat of the car and drive to the places I did today I probably would have shat my pants.  But actually, it was really no big deal.  I couldn't believe how not scary it actually was.  Cars in India, are very observant drivers and they watch out for everything around them!  It's amazing.  It kinda reminds me of magnets or something in orbit.  Cars maintain their distances, and also move with a pattern or a rhythm around each other.  It's kinda like when you are walking down a busy sidewalk, you watch out for people cutting through or walking faster or running.  Anyway, it was a great experience to try something that used to be so outrageously out of my comfort zone, but actually be okay with it.

Quick update on my makeshift edible balcony garden: It's really hard to tell if all of the plants I've planted on my balcony are surviving or not?  I'm doing my best to keep them moist, as Indian heat can be brutal.  But maybe I will see for sure what has made it and what hasn't in a few weeks?

Also, my father in law braved out my passion fruit drink!!! I couldn't believe it, I asked him if he would like to try some and he loved it! He actually drank the whole glass!  So, I will definitely have to try and make some more and try it myself.

Other than that, I'm super excited that I'm somewhat mobile now, I need to make it a point to face my fears more often :)


No comments:

Post a Comment